Friday, March 13, 2009 | COLUMN: Campaigns
With only one week left until the official start of spring (yes, we’re counting), it’s time to refresh your look and welcome the new season in style. From colorful prints to smoky eyes to sculpted cheekbones, our Pür Minerals trend-spotting experts have you covered from head to toe. Here’s the rundown on spring’s hottest—and most wearable—runway looks.
Thursday, March 12, 2009 | COLUMN: Tips & How-Tos
The key to applying makeup to very tan or dark skin tones is to play with matte and shiny colour to highlight certain features and play down others. Here are a few simple beauty tips from Pür Minerals to help you create a gorgeous look in minutes.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 | COLUMN: Promotions
The highlight of the NEW Spring 09 collection from Pür Minerals, Pür Rocks are featured in the April issue of Lucky magazine, on stands now. Check out these must-have 3-dimensional micronized minerals in the “Lucky Breaks” sweepstakes for a chance to WIN your own set
PLUS a Pür Minerals Blush Brush for FREE!
Monday, March 09, 2009 | COLUMN: Tips & How-Tos
For me, the start of spring brings to mind three things: warm weather, longer days and gold eye shadow. As a gilded lid enthusiast, I love the way this ultra-wearable beauty trend awakens the complexion and looks great on all skin tones. This season, turn to eye shadow shades of champagne, golden yellow and deep bronze for a sophisticated, up-to-the-minute spring look.
A Softer Smoky Eye
Just because winter is over doesn’t mean you have to ditch your favorite smoky eye look. Swap those darker hues of onyx and charcoal with rich gold and bronze shadows for a softer take on the classic smoky eye. Lighter, brighter shades of gold eye shadow are more versatile and wearable—perfect for the office or an evening out.
How to Apply Gold Eye Shadow
1. Start by creating a base with an eye primer, such as Mineral Eye Prep by Pür Minerals, to ensure flawless eye shadow application with a long-lasting look.
2. Next, use an Eye Shadow Brush to sweep a pale, shimmering yellow or taupe shade over the entire lid up to the brow bone. Pür Pick: Pressed Mineral Shadow in NEW Sunlit Gypsum
3. To create more depth and dimension, use a Crease Brush to blend a deeper, gold shade into the crease of the eye and work toward the outer corners. Pür Pick: Gold Dust Shadow
4. Follow with a lighter, sparkling gold or champagne to add highlights. Dab a tiny bit of the shadow onto the inner corners of your eye and just under the brow bone. Pür Pick: Pressed Mineral Shadow in Champagne Citrine
5. Add definition by applying a gel liner (brown shades work best with this look) to the lash line. Start at the inner corner of the eye and work your way outward with short strokes. Lightly smudge the colour to create a blended, smoky effect. Pür Pick: Pür Intensity gel eyeliner in Coffee Quartz
6. Finish the look by applying a coat of Triple Impact Mascara to lengthen, thicken and curl your lashes.
Friday, March 06, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
Springtime is almost here (and not a moment too soon), and that means sun, skin and spring fashion! Worried that a less-than-kind winter might limit your wardrobe options? Fear not! Pür’s got the answer to get your body warm weather-bound in no time. Did somebody say sun dress?
Thursday, March 05, 2009 | COLUMN: Campaigns
Thursday, March 05, 2009 | COLUMN: Tips & How-Tos
You’ve got questions, Joli Baker has answers. Read on for advice from the Pür Minerals president and get the beauty scoop—pür and simple.
Q: How often should I replace my makeup brushes? –Stephanie, Alpharetta, GA
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 | COLUMN: Campaigns
We’re thrilled to announce that Pür Minerals was recently honored as the “Favorite Makeup Line” at The Shopping Channel’s 2nd Annual Shoppie Awards! The award-winning beauty brand beat out Smashbox, Bare Minerals and Laura Geller as the TSC viewers’ top choice.