Monday, March 09, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, application tips
For me, the start of spring brings to mind three things: warm weather, longer days and gold eye shadow. As a gilded lid enthusiast, I love the way this ultra-wearable beauty trend awakens the complexion and looks great on all skin tones. This season, turn to eye shadow shades of champagne, golden yellow and deep bronze for a sophisticated, up-to-the-minute spring look.
A Softer Smoky Eye
Just because winter is over doesn’t mean you have to ditch your favorite smoky eye look. Swap those darker hues of onyx and charcoal with rich gold and bronze shadows for a softer take on the classic smoky eye. Lighter, brighter shades of gold eye shadow are more versatile and wearable—perfect for the office or an evening out.
How to Apply Gold Eye Shadow
1. Start by creating a base with an eye primer, such as Mineral Eye Prep by Pür Minerals, to ensure flawless eye shadow application with a long-lasting look.
2. Next, use an Eye Shadow Brush to sweep a pale, shimmering yellow or taupe shade over the entire lid up to the brow bone. Pür Pick: Pressed Mineral Shadow in NEW Sunlit Gypsum
3. To create more depth and dimension, use a Crease Brush to blend a deeper, gold shade into the crease of the eye and work toward the outer corners. Pür Pick: Gold Dust Shadow
4. Follow with a lighter, sparkling gold or champagne to add highlights. Dab a tiny bit of the shadow onto the inner corners of your eye and just under the brow bone. Pür Pick: Pressed Mineral Shadow in Champagne Citrine
5. Add definition by applying a gel liner (brown shades work best with this look) to the lash line. Start at the inner corner of the eye and work your way outward with short strokes. Lightly smudge the colour to create a blended, smoky effect. Pür Pick: Pür Intensity gel eyeliner in Coffee Quartz
6. Finish the look by applying a coat of Triple Impact Mascara to lengthen, thicken and curl your lashes.
Friday, March 06, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
Springtime is almost here (and not a moment too soon), and that means sun, skin and spring fashion! Worried that a less-than-kind winter might limit your wardrobe options? Fear not! Pür’s got the answer to get your body warm weather-bound in no time. Did somebody say sun dress?
Thursday, March 05, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, customer Q&A
You’ve got questions, Joli Baker has answers. Read on for advice from the Pür Minerals president and get the beauty scoop—pür and simple.
Q: How often should I replace my makeup brushes? –Stephanie, Alpharetta, GA
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
Attention all fashionistas: spring is in the air! After scouring the runways and consulting our Pür Minerals beauty experts, we’ve come up with these top picks for the most wearable spring trends of 2009.
Thursday, February 26, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
While most of us are aware of the internal benefits of dietary vitamins, the external benefits on the skin are just as dramatic and well-documented. More than just a beautiful surface, our skin is a reflection of our overall health. As a result, when the body is poorly nourished, the skin often suffers. By supplementing the skin’s specific nutritional needs, we can better account for the dietary deficits that can compromise our complexions. Here are a few things that every skin needs for a healthy radiance:
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, application tips
Few eye looks are as seductive as the sultry cat eye. In addition to the requisite tools—gel eyeliner (black), a flat eyeliner brush and mascara—you’ll need a healthy dose of confidence to own this classic runway look.
Thursday, February 19, 2009 | COLUMNS: Things We Love, Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
Pür Minerals Eye Defining Pencil in Polished Stone makes a shining appearance in this week’s edition of OK! Weekly. The issue, which just hit stands yesterday, features our luscious, long-wearing eyeliner in an article called “Behind the Scenes in the American Idol Makeup Chair.”
Monday, February 16, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, application tips
Between stress, lack of sleep, poor diet and genetics, under eye puffiness is a fairly common skin condition. But just because it’s common, doesn’t mean the situation is hopeless. From skin care solutions to lifestyle choices, there are plenty of ways to help reduce puffy eyes. Here are a few tips:
Friday, February 13, 2009 | COLUMNS: Tips & How-Tos, Uncategorized
Whether you’re looking to trim back this year or searching for that personal something, look to Pür for your last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts that won’t break the bank.