Monday, March 30, 2015
Spring is here! No matter what the weather looks like outside, we can celebrate because March 20th was the first official day of spring. And that means it’s time to start fresh with spring cleaning, decluttering, opening the windows for fresh air and our favorite…new products like floral spring dresses and new makeup.
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
You watch what you eat each day to ensure you’re getting only the very best nutrition, you exercise to stay healthy…so why are you still using makeup that contains ingredients that aren’t good for you??
Did you know that makeup can expire? That’s right, if you’re not paying close attention, you could be putting makeup that’s not at its peak freshness on your face. We’ve got you covered, though, with our helpful infographic that lists the common makeup expiration dates. Check it out below!
We just recently caught up with U.K. native and celebrity makeup artist Lucy Halperin. With the keen ability to deliver exceptional artistry for demanding editorial shoots, Lucy is one of the top go-to pros working with esteemed photographers such as Andrew McPherson, Tierney Gieron and Lisa Eisner. Today she gives us a “behind the scenes” glimpse of her unique craft.
It’s just after the holiday season, which (hopefully) means you have plenty of new makeup to add to your collection. But if your makeup drawer or makeup bag is unorganized, you may be struggling to find a place to put it all.
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Tips & How-Tos
Winter is here to stay and it has brought its friends: dry and itchy skin. But you don’t have to put on a turtleneck, stock up on lip balm and hole up indoors for the next few months! Flawless, beautiful skin is right around the corner – even if warm temperatures aren’t.
Friday, February 13, 2015
This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday – perfect for a date night! Whether you’re going to a romantic dinner with your husband or significant other, hitting the town for a fun night out with girlfriends or even staying at home for a cozy night in, it’s the perfect holiday to try some fun, flirty makeup looks.
If Jenna Dewan Tatum’s Golden Globes look was at the top of your best-dressed list or you were obsessed with Katy Perry’s look at the big game last night, chances are you already know about the genius that is celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey. He’s the man behind the sparkling, bold look of Katy Perry rocked during her halftime performance and the soft, stunning look Dewan Tatum wore at the Golden Globes.
We had the chance to catch up with Bailey on a rare free moment and picked his brain on event makeup, the one touch up item you should never leave the house without, what you can find in his makeup kit and much, much more.
We’ve long been a fan of celebrity makeup artist Samuel Paul and the beautiful looks he creates. You can see his work gracing the pages of magazines, in fashion advertisements and at red carpet events – and chances are you have seen them often!
He has worked with Olivia Munn, Nikki Reed, Azealia Banks and many more. We recently had the honor of chatting with Samuel and caught up on topics like what we can find in his kit, beauty trends for 2015, the best makeup tips and much more.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
If you’re hosting the holidays or throwing a party, you probably have a mile long to-do list and it doesn’t always include hours for perfecting your hair and makeup. But it should, because getting gorgeous and feeling your best while entertaining makes any event that much better. Check out our three tips on finding time to do your hair and makeup, even in the midst of a busy holiday!
1. Plan Ahead. If you’re like us, when it comes to hosting an event or holiday celebration, it’s never too early to plan ahead. Make a list ahead of the day to cover all of your to-dos. Include cleaning tasks, errands to run and things to pick up for the party and cooking or setting up that must be completed. This will give you an accurate picture of not only what you can get done in advance but what needs to wait until day-of.
By planning ahead and knowing all that you have to do, you can determine when the best time is to sneak away and get yourself ready!
2. Get Started Early. Do as much as you can in advance so you can free up some time on the day of the party or holiday. Plus, by spreading some of the party tasks up over time, you aren’t spending a full day cooking or cleaning. Some items we like to complete in advance:
- Getting recipes prepped – chopping vegetables, gathering and organizing ingredients, etc.
- Take out platters, china and other items being used for serving
- Set up the buffet area or kitchen table (if you don’t have room to set it up early, make a rough plan)
Starting early goes double for hair and makeup, too! If you don’t think you’ll have time to wash and dry your hair, wash it the evening before so you only have to touch it up. Get your face ready by completing tasks like moisturizing early, so you can zip into your bathroom or bedroom and apply your makeup quickly.
3. Pick an Obtainable Look. If you’re short on time, don’t aim for a full glam look with false eyelashes, a detailed, smoky eye and the whole nine yards. Instead, go with a look that’s obtainable and pick products that offer what you want quickly. For example, our complexion products offer flawless coverage in 60 seconds or less – the perfect choice for a foundation when you’re short on time!
What’s your beauty routine when you’re hosting a get-together? Share below!
The post Finding Time for Holiday Party Makeup and Hair when Entertaining appeared first on pür palette.