Monday, April 25, 2011 | Tips & How-Tos
By Jackie Gomez
Spring’s hottest makeup can be found in the current issue of Elle Mexico, with the gorgeous Olivia Palermo on the cover. She was photographed by Steven Gomillion and Dennis Leupold, who inspired me to give her a powerfully sexy look perfect for the above beauty shot.
GET OLIVIA’S LOOK
Recreated with the following Pür Minerals products:
I love spring looks because they are made for an easy transition from editorial to reality, and the makeup I use on set is perfect for every skin tone.
1. To get Olivia’s radiant skin, first prep with Pür Minerals Correcting Primer in Neutral. The advanced formula in this foundation primer provides you with a flawless airbrushed look.
2. Next, apply the 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation with SPF 15 to cover imperfections and obtain smooth coverage in 60 seconds or less.
3. To define cheekbones, apply the blush from Nature’s Paradise Palette for a healthy-looking glow.
4. From the six island-inspired eye shadows in the Nature’s Paradise Palette, use the dark brown eye shadow to bring out the color in your eyes and the light gold shadow for a natural, yet dazzling, look.
(Another great benefit of using the above palette is that it has the Tropic Bronze sun-soaked powder in the palette as well, which can be brushed over your face, neck and body.)
5. I chose a luscious Mineral Shea Butter Lipstick that hydrates lips, as the sparkling pale pink (Pink Diamond) suited Olivia’s coloring.
Try these easy steps for an effortless spring look and enjoy the great season ahead of us.
About Jackie Gomez
Celebrity beauty guru Jackie Gomez is Pür Minerals’ resident makeup artist, and one of the beauty authorities behind the trademark looks of A-listers like Marisa Miller, Zoe Saldana and Kerry Washington. Jackie also works with superstar Beyoncé Knowles and is renowned for the red carpet-ready looks she creates.