Friday, September 12, 2008 | Tips & How-Tos, application tips
Every woman is different, so, naturally, every woman’s makeup choices are going to be different. Still, there are a few rules that every beauty queen should abide by when applying makeup. We’ve polled our Pür Minerals makeup experts and come up with the top do’s and don’ts to keep you looking your best.
- Moisturize before applying your makeup. Hydrated skin creates a smooth canvas for better makeup application and a lasting look, as opposed to the flaky, cakey look of makeup on dry skin.
- Top your lipstick with a gorgeous gloss. Unless you’re going for a matte look, lip gloss is a must-have makeup tool to give your lips a kick. It will make your lipstick last longer and impart a brilliant shine.
- Use a dark eye shadow as a liner. Shadows have been masquerading as eyeliners for quite some time in the beauty industry. This favorite trick of makeup artists creates a velvety, blended look.
- Update your makeup with the seasons. Your skin tone is likely to change from summer to fall, so you should replace your foundation accordingly. Refreshing your makeup collection will help maintain your skin’s health and keep you up to date with the latest seasonal beauty trends.
- Use a harsh cleanser or toner. This will strip your skin of its essential oils and cause over drying and irritation. Even if you have an oily complexion, it’s best to use a gentle cleanser.
- Apply your makeup in poor lighting. Bright, evenly distributed light will help you avoid any makeup mishaps. Put your makeup on in front of a mirror that’s next to a window.
- Wear thick foundation all over your face. This will create a mask-like effect that’s better suited for Halloween. Pressed formulations provide a natural-looking alternative to liquid foundations.
- Be afraid to experiment. The beauty industry is ever-changing, so there’s no reason for your look to stay static. Try new color combinations and products to find out what works best for you, and have fun with your makeup.