Friday, April 17, 2009 | Tips & How-Tos
Spring has sprung. What exactly does that mean for your makeup? New looks, new colours and an array of new products to refresh your makeup bag. While each season brings its own trends, spring makeup is generally lighter and brighter than its preceding winter colour. Here is a short and sweet list of our top Pür Minerals makeup tips for a gorgeous spring look, pür and simple style.
1. Spring is all about a fresh, flawless complexion. Ditch the heavy foundation and dust on a lightweight, pressed formula for natural looking beauty. Dust a peachy-pink or rosy blush onto the apples of your cheeks for a pop of color.
2. Take advantage of spring’s sunny days and changing light with bronzers and brightening powders. Highlight and contour the bridge of your nose, cheekbones and décolleté to capture the light from different angles and sculpt your way to perfection.
3. Design a colourful smoky eye, one of spring’s top trends. Instead of the traditional grays, browns, and blacks, try vibrant blue, green and purple eye shadows. For a softer smoky eye, use an Eyeliner Brush to apply wet eye shadow as a liner and blend.
4. Get naturally luscious lips with nude lip colour. Start with a neutral lipstick or lip tint (we love Pür Minerals Iced Topaz Mineral Shea Butter Lipstick or Mineral Lip Tint SPF 15 in Sandy Quartz) and glam it up by applying a coat of sheer lip gloss for a sexy shine.
5. Make eyes pop with metallic shadows and liners. Apply gold or silver eye liner pencil to the inside corners of your eyes and just beneath the brow bone to give your eye look a sultry, shimmering finish. Perfect for an evening look.
For more top spring beauty trends, shop the Pür Rocks on Spring 2009 Collection.