Monday, March 09, 2009 | Tips & How-Tos
For me, the start of spring brings to mind three things: warm weather, longer days and gold eye shadow. As a gilded lid enthusiast, I love the way this ultra-wearable beauty trend awakens the complexion and looks great on all skin tones. This season, turn to eye shadow shades of champagne, golden yellow and deep bronze for a sophisticated, up-to-the-minute spring look.
A Softer Smoky Eye
Just because winter is over doesn’t mean you have to ditch your favorite smoky eye look. Swap those darker hues of onyx and charcoal with rich gold and bronze shadows for a softer take on the classic smoky eye. Lighter, brighter shades of gold eye shadow are more versatile and wearable—perfect for the office or an evening out.
How to Apply Gold Eye Shadow
1. Start by creating a base with an eye primer, such as Mineral Eye Prep by Pür Minerals, to ensure flawless eye shadow application with a long-lasting look.
2. Next, use an Eye Shadow Brush to sweep a pale, shimmering yellow or taupe shade over the entire lid up to the brow bone. Pür Pick: Pressed Mineral Shadow in NEW Sunlit Gypsum
3. To create more depth and dimension, use a Crease Brush to blend a deeper, gold shade into the crease of the eye and work toward the outer corners. Pür Pick: Gold Dust Shadow
4. Follow with a lighter, sparkling gold or champagne to add highlights. Dab a tiny bit of the shadow onto the inner corners of your eye and just under the brow bone. Pür Pick: Pressed Mineral Shadow in Champagne Citrine
5. Add definition by applying a gel liner (brown shades work best with this look) to the lash line. Start at the inner corner of the eye and work your way outward with short strokes. Lightly smudge the colour to create a blended, smoky effect. Pür Pick: Pür Intensity gel eyeliner in Coffee Quartz
6. Finish the look by applying a coat of Triple Impact Mascara to lengthen, thicken and curl your lashes.
For more ways to get a sultry spring look that’s right on trend, shop the NEW Pür Rocks On Spring 09 Collection.